Virtual College Implementation Team (VCIT)
MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
11 am - 12:30 pm
Room 9201

  1. Additions to agenda (All)
  2. Request for note taker (Ann)
  3. Review prior meeting minutes and approve (All)
  4. General updates (All)
    • All-campus meeting (Ann)
    • SET March 7, 2:30-3 pm (Ann)
    • VCIT-I (Ann, Stuart)
  5. Updates on action items
    • Parature follow-up demo, today, 2-3 pm in room 4202
    • Hyland OnBase (document imaging and workflow solutions) demo - next steps? (Chris)
  6. Next meeting: Friday, March 2, 2012, 10 am - 11:30 am, room 4202
  7. Good of the order

MEETING NOTES

In attendance: Ann Garnsey-Harter (check), Gary Kalbfleisch (check), Ali Zweifach (check), Amy Kinsel (check), Stuart Trippel (check), Jane McNabb (check), Chris Melton (absent).

  1. Additions to agenda (All): none
  2. Request for note taker (Ann)--Amy
  3. Review prior meeting minutes and approve (All)--See prior meeting minutes for updates
  4. General updates (All)
    • All-campus meeting (Ann)--PowerPoint presentation too dense and text-heavy--Some misinformation about what has been implemented and signed already; say in the implementation phase rather than has been implemented
    • SET March 7, 2:30-3 pm (Ann)--possible postpone to following SET meeting per more discussion at VCIT-SS?
    • VCIT-I (Ann, Stuart)--putting together package of online degrees and certificates with look and feel of Shoreline Virtual College--how are we interfacing with the student at every stage--make planning sheets virtual-college specific--please feel free to review meeting minutes on Wiki
  5. Updates on action items
    • Parature follow-up demo, today, 2-3 pm in room 4202--to see Live Chat, social media connection; discuss cost
    • Hyland OnBase (document imaging and workflow solutions) demo - next steps? (Chris)--useful to roll out in a couple of areas first; not likely to be duplicated by ERP; could be useful in FA and transcripts; Chris to follow up about cost
    • Higher One -- Stuart is working on this, going along well, will update at next meeting
    • Campus CE -- Stuart discussing with rep. about final contract signing
    • OmniUpdate -- Jane to bring update about who in administrative and financial services have OU training scheduled -- marketing angle to establish identity for Shoreline Virtual College -- Ann and Stuart propose to Daryl to reconvene VCLT for check-in on next steps.
    • Jane: Title III (waiver will provide eligibility to apply); Annie E. Casey--continuing to work with them, asked to partner with North Seattle and their Opportunity Center; DOL grants--would need to engage a grant writer and grant manager; greatest opportunity will come from federal grants; need federal grant writing expertise; Shoreline asked to the lead last week with Gateway Technical (Skills for Work);
    • Ann and Ali working on mentoring and early alert features; CARS, too expensive (per Ali) and geared toward university systems; looking at Starfish; also looking at FAST through LWT; subcommittee looking at having one place where everything is housed;
    • Ali: Live Chat with Parature; refacing advising web page (more student friendly); working with Sean Duke on revising advising web pages for usability for both faculty and students
    • Web portal will come with new ERP so let's take that off our acton item list?
    • Amy to follow up on SB 5915, who is tracking at SBCT?
  6. Next meeting: Friday, March 2, 2012, 10 am - 11:30 am, room 4202
  7. Good of the order